question

Carl Miller avatar image
Carl Miller asked Byrne Reese answered

Is there any way to add the "Edit Account Permission" without contacting the support team?

I have the same issue.

But there is no Edit Account Permission. I sent the email to the dedicated support email address.

Still no answer.

I need to create an app for several accounts for our SRM site.

Then I have to send an email every time?

rest api
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Byrne Reese avatar image
Byrne Reese answered

Your core question relates to how you can edit an app's permission after the app has been graduated and is in operation in production. The answer to that question, for the time being, is that you can't. Once an app has been graduated, we do not permit developers to edit anything related to the security settings of that app in order to protect users who made have already installed that app.

I created an idea in our ideas portal to change this behavior - which we have every intention of doing in the future. If you would like us to implement this feature, please vote for the idea at the URL below: https://ideas.ringcentral.com/ideas/CUSTCOM-I-2552

Next, you asked about the Edit Accounts permission. This can be added to your app by an administrator. To request this permission, please login and contact our support team via our online form: https://developers.ringcentral.com/support/create-case

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Anirban avatar image
Anirban answered Byrne Reese edited

Edit Accounts Permission' is advanced permission and you need submit a help ticket to enable that in your apps. You need to send a follow up mail.

Meanwhile here @Phong Vu can help.

1 comment
1 |3000

Carl Miller avatar image Carl Miller commented ·

Thanks.

How can I send the email to @Phong Vu?

0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys