question

brandon-scivolette1312 avatar image
brandon-scivolette1312 asked jenn-community-moderator commented

Maybe I'm missing something- Where is the HUD in the new Ringcentral App?

My company has been using RC for ~10 years, and we've had a HUD via the RC 'Phone App' for 5 of those. We've come to rely on the HUD as a visual insight into the status of other users, who's tied up on a call, who's on lunch, etc. Frankly, it might be the feature we value the most in the app.

For a long time now I have been watching RC's progress with the new app, waiting for it to be fully functional before I considered migrating my users. This evening I downloaded the new (desktop) app to evaluate it and, much to my shock and surprise, it doesn't appear that this app has a HUD. I just can't imagine this to be true, though, so I am hoping that I've missed a setting somewhere and that it can be turned on? Can anyone shed some light on this mystery for me?

PS: I read a ton of documentation before posting this. And while I can likely infer that the HUD is not included in this app, I was unable to confirm this since the documentation for the new app didn't mention anything about it. I would guess that, given how many people will migrate to the new app from the old one that this must be a common question?

softphonehud
13 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

jenn-community-moderator avatar image jenn-community-moderator ♦ commented ·

Hello Brandon, we are still working on HUD in the new Unified RingCentral App. It will be released in 2021. Thanks for your patience.

2 Likes 2 ·
steve-krizka avatar image steve-krizka jenn-community-moderator ♦ commented ·

Today is January 25, 2021 - is the HUD on your new app?

0 Likes 0 ·
Jacob Mosiman avatar image Jacob Mosiman jenn-community-moderator ♦ commented ·

Is there any update on this? We've recently moved to the new app but the lack of HUD is really causing some pain points in our business.

0 Likes 0 ·
brandon-scivolette1312 avatar image brandon-scivolette1312 jenn-community-moderator ♦ commented ·

Awesome! I'm just happy to hear that it's a planned feature. I was more than a little concerned that it was going to be depreciated.

Thanks for the quick response, I appreciate it.

-1 Like -1 ·
Jim Tupitza avatar image Jim Tupitza brandon-scivolette1312 commented ·

Its 2021. We are waiting. This is an important issue. I have all my people on the old app. but every now an then they forget an say yes to an upgrade. That wastes my time with an uninstall of the new and reinstall of the old. Please, please, we are all waiting.

0 Likes 0 ·
Curt DeWeese avatar image Curt DeWeese commented ·

Is this active yet? I cannot find it on the new RC app I had to download for a new computer set up.

0 Likes 0 ·
Becky-Community_Manager avatar image Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ Curt DeWeese commented ·

Yes, @Curt DeWeese, as Anirban said, the product team is working on this now. Please stay tuned. We'll be sure to update the Community when this has been implemented.

0 Likes 0 ·
steve-krizka avatar image steve-krizka Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ commented ·

Today is January 25th 2021. Is the HUD feature available?

0 Likes 0 ·
Anirban avatar image Anirban commented ·

@Curt DeWeese The idea is in planned stage here:

https://ideas.ringcentral.com/ideas/DPW-I-20

Maybe soon get implemented

0 Likes 0 ·
rickkee6997 avatar image rickkee6997 commented ·

Please define 'soon'......I suspect that was a typo, needs corrected to "we expect to see it sometime in the 21st century"

0 Likes 0 ·
scott-moore1 avatar image scott-moore1 commented ·

We just upgraded and are very disappointed in the lack of a HUD. I will be monitoring this page for updates.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

1 Answer

Becky-Community_Manager avatar image
Becky-Community_Manager answered Becky-Community_Manager commented

HUD is available. You can find details about it in the Desktop app/web version here: https://support.ringcentral.com/app/phone/desktop-web/enabling-hud-ringcentral-app-desktop-web.html

If we can answer other questions, please reach out to us via the Community or at Community.Support@RingCentral.com

2 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Nathan Ramsden-Lock avatar image Nathan Ramsden-Lock commented ·

@Becky-Community_Manager you need to update the accepted answer on this question to reflect that it is now available.

0 Likes 0 ·
Becky-Community_Manager avatar image Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ Nathan Ramsden-Lock commented ·

Thanks, @Nathan Ramsden-Lock! On it!

0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app