question

Brian Smith avatar image
Brian Smith asked Paul Rarey answered

User Extension Creation via API defaults to Standard (International) Role

When a user is created with a type of "User" invoked via HTTP POST to https://platform.devtest.ringcentral.com/restapi/v1.0/account/~/extension

The default role is always "Standard (International) ", but I wanted to force a default of just "Standard." Is there a request option I'm missing on the request body or can this role type be changed after creation with a subsequent update call to a different endpoint?

I experimented with adding this to the request body, which is present in the response, but doesn't appear to have any effect on the request:

"permissions": { "admin": { "enabled": false }, "internationalCalling": { "enabled": false } }

Initial payload used to create users:

{

"contact":{"firstName":"Test", "lastName": "User1", "email":"1234@domain.com","department":"1"},

"type":"User",

"extensionNumber":"1234",

"regionalSettings":{"timezone":{"id":"51"}},

"status":"Enabled"

}

rest api
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Paul Rarey avatar image
Paul Rarey answered

@Brian Smith

There is an older post/question from 2019 that asks a similar question. Though it is more specific to how a Role can be assigned via API.

@Phong Vu indicated in that thread the RC Role API is not surfaced for consuming.

Just reviewed the current API Reference pages, finding the section Roles and Permissions. Looks to be a rather rich functional set. We will be implementing that shortly in our provisioning automations.

/Paul

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys