question

matt-spinks2179 avatar image
matt-spinks2179 asked matt-spinks2179 commented

SMS Compliance Export for Deleted Messages

I am utilizing the message store compliance export to retrieve SMS messages for an organization:

restapi/v1.0/account/~/message-store-report

When that report is complete, and I ingest the data, does it include messages that were sent and deleted by the user? If not, is there any way to get a report of all messages, including messages that were deleted by the user?

rest api
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered matt-spinks2179 commented

No, deleted messages will be deleted from the message-store and the compliance export reads messages from the message-store so it will not be included.

3 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

matt-spinks2179 avatar image matt-spinks2179 commented ·

Thanks Phong. Do you know if there is any way of getting those messages even if they are deleted? It seems to defeat the purpose of the "compliance" part of the compliance export if they cannot be retrieved.

0 Likes 0 ·
Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ matt-spinks2179 commented ·

I know. This is unlike the call log record where delete is a mark on deletion and can be restore. For message, delete is a complete deletion. Let me check internally to see how this can be over come for compliance.

0 Likes 0 ·
matt-spinks2179 avatar image matt-spinks2179 Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

Yeah, seems strange. But yeah, let me know if you know of any way to overcome that.

0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys