question

David Herrington avatar image
David Herrington asked greg-lea5389 Deactivated answered

Access to RingCentral University

Hi,

I asked some of my users (new members of staff) to gain access to the Ring Central University to learn about our telephony system. They came back to me and said they couldn't log in because they got an error message that says: 'Sorry, you currently don't have permission to access this service'.

I worked out that if I changed their role to 'Super admin' (which is effectively full platform access) then they could access the University.

Obviously I do not want to give my standard users full platform access but is that right? Has anyone else had that issue or am I missing something?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

permissions
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

greg-lea5389 avatar image
greg-lea5389 Deactivated answered

As of September 24, 2021 RingCentral University is available to all RingCentral MVP, RingCentral Contact Center, and RingCentral Engage Users. Go to university.ringcentral.com and sign in with your RingCentral user name and password.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Anirban avatar image
Anirban answered

"Users logging in to RingCentral University must be granted either the User Admin or Super Admin roles. "

See the reference: https://support.ringcentral.com/article/Unable-to-Log-in-to-RingCentral-University.html

1 |3000

David Herrington avatar image
David Herrington answered Anirban commented

Thanks @Anirban for the clarification.

It doesn't make sense to me though? Why would you restrict training material to Super admins, especially when I have over 500 members of staff to train.

1 |3000