question

sekar-perumal8558 avatar image
sekar-perumal8558 asked Chady Boutros answered

How to enable call recording in Sandbox environment

Hi,

I want to retrieve call logs and call records. For that i have given permission to Read Call Logs and Read Call Recordings.

But in Sandbox Environment there is no automatic call recording,

I want to create some call recording in sandbox environment to pass the graduation test.

Could any one help me in how to achieve that?

Also i am not sure why i need to create new APP if i want to update the permission? Its very strange.

ringcentral app
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Tyler Liu avatar image
Tyler Liu answered
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

John Wang avatar image
John Wang Deactivated answered

The sandbox account has on-demand call recording (*9 or the record button on the RingCentral app) but not automatic call recording.

You can learn more about on-demand call recording here:

https://support.ringcentral.com/article/How-to-Initiate-On-Demand-Call-Recordings.html

If you wish to create call recordings programmatically, here is an app that will do that for you:

https://github.com/anilkumarbp/Sample-Demo-to-Download-Call-Recordings

1 |3000

sangram-raje13107 avatar image
sangram-raje13107 answered
I am unable to login to the RingCentral Phone or RingCental mobile app using my Sandbox account. Can someone please suggest a way out - I want to create some call recordings in order to test out functionality in my app. Thanks!
1 |3000

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered
Hi Sangram,

The RingCentral mobile app does not support sandbox mode. However, you can use the RingCentral soft phone and switch the soft phone to sandbox mode before login with your sandbox credentials.

On Windows: Ctrl + F2
On Mac OS: Fn + Command + F2

+ Phong
1 |3000

Jose Tavares avatar image
Jose Tavares answered Phong Vu commented

Hi Phong, downloaded the RC soft phone and attempted some calls but they are still not recording into my sandbox app. When I try to view them on RC office or call them here: https://developers.ringcentral.com/api-reference/Call-Recordings/readCallRecording using a recording ID I get an error. Need to be able to retrieve the calls in order to graduate the app into production. Any advice?

Thanks

1 comment
1 |3000

Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

Could you access the recording from the soft phone? Does you have have the "ReadCallRecording" app permission?

screen-shot-2021-10-05-at-15044-pm.png

0 Likes 0 ·
Jose Tavares answered

Hi Phong,

I do have the "ReadCallRecording" permission set in my application: sn1.png

I cannot see any recordings in soft phone: sn2.png

sn1.png (28.7 KiB)
sn2.png (20.6 KiB)
1 |3000

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered Jose Tavares commented

Which means that you don't have any call recording. Are you sure you logged in with the same user (from the app and from the soft phone)? What is your app client id?

6 comments
1 |3000

Jose Tavares avatar image Jose Tavares commented ·

Hi Phong, provided the client id is: X8cxGcV3Rqq9bRytfQIx_w

0 Likes 0 ·
Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ Jose Tavares commented ·

I got it and I could see that you have not generated any call recording in your sandbox. See the attached screenshot in my other response.

0 Likes 0 ·
Jose Tavares avatar image Jose Tavares Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

Made some calls using the soft phone and they are not being recorded. Can you possibly graduate the app so I can begin working with production data?

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Show more comments
Jose Tavares answered Phong Vu commented

Here is the app client id: X8cxGcV3Rqq9bRytfQIx_w

1 comment
1 |3000

Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

Well, how did you record your test calls? You do not have any call recording, where did you find the recording id?

screen-shot-2021-10-05-at-42221-pm.png

0 Likes 0 ·
Chady Boutros avatar image
Chady Boutros answered

Thank you! The info is this thread helped me out a lot! I did not know there was no automatic recording in Sandbox mode, and I did not know you can view your recordings on the soft phone! I appreciate you!

1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys