question

James Koepsell avatar image
James Koepsell asked Phong Vu commented

Can I update WebhookURL when I graduate to Production Status?

I'm currently working on a webhook in a sandbox environment. My webhook in SandBox is pointed to my companies Dev environment. My question is once I graduate to production status, will ring central allow me to update my webhook URL to my companies PROD server?

graduation
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered Phong Vu commented

Event notification webhooks? You don't need to add the webhooks address to your app properties. It is dynamically specified in your code so yes, you can change it anytime.

2 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

James Koepsell avatar image James Koepsell commented ·

When you create a subscription, you can select the type. If you select "Webhook", you must enter the address in which to send the event when you create the webhook. My question is, can you update this once the app has been graduated to Production status? In the below example, I'm referring to the address field.

curl --request POST \ --url https://platform.devtest.ringcentral.com/restapi/v1.0/subscription \ --header 'accept: application/json' \ --header 'content-type: application/json' \ --data '{"deliveryMode":{"transportType":"WebHook","address":"www.testaddress.com","encryption":false},"eventFilters":["/restapi/v1.0/account/~/extension/~/message-store"],"expiresIn":630720000}'

More specifically, I'm referring to the link below.

https://developers.ringcentral.com/api-reference/Subscriptions/createSubscription

0 Likes 0 ·
Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ James Koepsell commented ·

Yes you can.

0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys