question

Bryan Carey avatar image
Bryan Carey asked Phong Vu answered

Sandbox - International SMS is not available for account

Hi.

I have just set up an account today and am now attempting to try out the various APIs within the sandbox account.

The first test I am attempting is literally just to send an SMS to my own mobile number via the QuickStart API section, where you can send the message via the UI.

Every time I try it I get the message "International SMS is not available for account". I am not based in the US, but surely in sandbox mode you can send SMS to numbers outside the US so that you can test the APIs?

Thanks for any advice.

rest api
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Anirban avatar image
Anirban answered

Did you enabled that feature?

Please check the below reference:

https://support.ringcentral.com/article/International-SMS.html?language=en_US

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered

No, sandbox account does not support international SMS. Even with a production account, one has to request and enable it manually because there are many other factors and compliances involved.

If you are not in the U.S, you can test send/receive SMS messages by adding a new user and phone number to your sandbox account, and send text messages between those users.

1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys