question

Alec Jones avatar image
Alec Jones asked Alec Jones answered

Unable to turn on automatic call recording (no option for it) to be able to test the API route out to satisfy the permission Read Call Recording.

HI, as the title says,

this is v_2 of my app now as I wanted to add some extra permissions, one of which was to be able to use the route called read call recordings, I have tried selected record from the soft phone, but this does not seem to record the call.

I need to be able to actually record a call using the sandbox, to then read it.

My client-id = bip-Sj9DSoGygUqqNZlIbw

This is the last permission I need to satisfy to be able to graduate the app.

P.S I am in the UK - I have seen this matter in a couple of the other replies.

EDIT
I created another user in the admin portal for the sandbox, and attempted to call the user and turn recording on, I received an error message saying 'Unable to record call due to call state'

call recording
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered

The automatic call recording is not enabled for sandbox accounts. You can use the on-demand recording feature though.

I have a look at your sandbox and I saw a successful call recording item. I guess that you are not allowed to record calls between a U.K real phone number and a sandbox phone number. But you should be able to record a call between your sandbox phone numbers. Can you add a direct number to your sandbox user extension 102 and make calls between ext 101 and 102 and try recording the calls?

I also tried to call the ext 101 to see if you pick up the call and try recording it, but it went to a voicemail. If you call back to "Paco Van Vu", then we can test if you can record the test call.

screen-shot-2021-10-26-at-82605-am.png

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Alec Jones avatar image
Alec Jones answered

Hi,

I was able to successfully create a call recording, it did however, require me to call from another user account that I set up and record from that user.

Looks like the only end point I need to hit now is, 'account/recording/content' which I thought I had done but will have another look into it now.

Thanks

1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys