question

Nathanael Owen avatar image
Nathanael Owen asked Embbnux Ji commented

RingCentral Embeddable Widget API error - unable to accept emergency address

I'm trying to authorize access to the RingCentral Embeddable Widget. After authorizing it now asks the user to confirm the emergency address but the accept button doesn't work so it's not possible to authorize the widget.

The console shows an API error.

The same happens for me with the demo on the RingCentral site.

It has been working fine previously to this change but never asked for address confirmation before.

rest apiembeddable
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

vyshakhbabji avatar image
vyshakhbabji Deactivated answered

Is it happening now ? Can you share a screenshot of the console log along with the login screen/ Emergency Address view in the screenshot ?

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Nathanael Owen answered Embbnux Ji commented

Yes, it happens for all users on any device on or off premises.

I've tried clearing cookies/cache for both our App and the RingCentral login page.

After clicking authorize the auth window goes to a new page asking to confirm emergency details for the app but the accept button doesn't work so the window never closes and the widget doesn't login.

Screenshot 2021-10-27 192751.png

1 comment
1 |3000

Embbnux Ji avatar image Embbnux Ji commented ·

Hi @Nathanael Owen Can you help to create RingCentral Support ticket? So our support can help you to collect logs to track this issue.

0 Likes 0 ·
Embbnux Ji avatar image
Embbnux Ji answered

Hi @Nathanael Owen I can reproduce this when I click Accept first time. And it works when I click second time. Let me check with team about this.

1 |3000

Thanks, I've tried clicking multiple times and it makes no difference for me.

I've opened a support ticket (Case Number 13870587)

1 comment
1 |3000

Hi @Nathanael Owen Thanks for creating the ticket.

Can you also help to check if you set a valid address?
And can you also help to provide HAR file into the case.

For HAR file:
1. Click login button to open login popup window. Login and go to Emergency page.
2. Right click to Inspect to open chrome developer tool
3. Click Accept button

4. In developer tool network panel, right click requests to "Save all as HAR with content"

0 Likes 0 ·

Yes, the address is valid. I have tried different addresses in case this was the issue.

You can access the HAR file at the below link

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rAoww4GkQ5pEqpn58aola2J6P_nDpipk/view?usp=sharing

1 comment
1 |3000

Thanks for collecting this, it is very important for us. I have downloaded it, you can disable sharing now.

1 Like 1 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys