question

Matt Wood avatar image
Matt Wood asked tak-it1 answered

Auto Divert To Voicemail When Busy

Is there any way to automatically divert an incoming call to voicemail when I'm on another call? I saw some others asking the same thing, but the answer was to select 'Busy' or 'Do not disturb' when on another call. This isn't always practical and it is easy to forget to select 'Available' after the call. I just want RingCentral to recognise when I'm on another call and to automatically divert any other calls that come in. There must be a way to do it.....

Thanks.

voicemails
3 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Matt Wood avatar image Matt Wood commented ·

Thanks @Anirban. I have submitted the idea.

1 Like 1 ·
Anirban avatar image Anirban commented ·

I still didn't find the 'automatic' option to send the call into voicemail during an active call other than putting 'Busy ' or 'DND' status as referred here: https://community.ringcentral.com/questions/94840/how-do-i-auto-send-calls-to-voicemail-when-im-on-a.html

Other than that you need to manually click send to voice option while getting an incoming call.

You can request this 'automatic transfer' feature here as a feature which will be reviewed by RC team and if this is not there then they can plan to implement it in future.

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ Anirban commented ·

Great suggestion, @Anirban. Thank you!

0 Likes 0 ·
Terry Smith avatar image
Terry Smith answered

I'm looking for a similar solution, did you submit this as a feature or find one that had been submitted?

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

tak-it1 avatar image
tak-it1 answered

This is call waiting. You simply disable the feature in the phone and it will auto divert to VM while on another call. This isn't done thru the RC portal and is a setting on your device.

1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app