question

Ingrid Gronlund avatar image
Ingrid Gronlund asked Phong Vu commented

Call Back Feature

When a caller is on hold, can they hang up but retain their position in the queue, and call them automatically when a representative is available. Is that possible with Ring Central App?

call queues
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered Phong Vu commented

I don't think that this is supported by RingCentral App. However, you can use RingCentral API platform to implement such a feature for your service.

Let me know if you have development resource and are interested in building such an app.

2 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Zach P avatar image Zach P commented ·

Hi Phong, I am trying to see what it would look like to implement this feature into our RC system. I was wondering if you had any information you could share to help us out? You can email me as well if you want at zach@poolwarehouse.com

I appreciate any info you can give!

0 Likes 0 ·
Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ Zach P commented ·

Hi Zach,

This could be the starting point for you to get familiar with the telephony session event notification. You can go thru a call life cycle and call info and decide what to with the call using a set of call control APIs.

0 Likes 0 ·
vyshakhbabji avatar image
vyshakhbabji Deactivated answered

This is mostly Contact Center Feature. However, if u could keep track of abandoned or call drop off calls using RC APIs , then you can initiate/schedule outbound calls using Ringout/Callout APIs . Let us know if you need assistance with the logic or dev resources, Phong or I can assist you.

1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys