question

Adeel Amin avatar image
Adeel Amin asked Phong Vu commented

High Volume SMS web app imported fields not working.

I'm creating an outgoing message with the following syntax on the High Volume SMS online app:

Hi {First Name}! {Company} inquired about us. Can I set up an appointment?

On the online app preview, the above message resolves itself to:

Hi TIM! ABC Corp inquired about us. Can I setup an appointment?

However upon sending, I'm seeing the following outbound message in the Conversations Pane and in the ensuing log. Doesn't seem like its importing in the fields. S

Hi {First Name}! {Company} inquired about us. Can I set up an appointment?

Seems like a minor error but I can't find solutions anywhere.

What am I doing wrong?

contactshigh-volume sms
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered

Is that for every recipient on the .CSV template list? What is your account id or email address. You can use the feedback form from the app to reach out to us too.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Adeel Amin avatar image
Adeel Amin answered

Yes, it is for every recipient. I'm using the high volume web app. 205) 406-7422 is the account number. I cut and paste the above request as a "bug" on the feedback form on the webapp as well.

1 |3000

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered

Did you submit the feedback? have not received any feedback today.

1 |3000

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered

I found a few campaigns from your account. One of the campaigns is incorrectly encoded a template

Hi <First_Name> this is Adeel ...

It must be a curly brackets {First_Name}. to avoid mistake, you should select a column from the dropdown template (see attachment)

screen-shot-2021-11-22-at-31845-pm.pngAnother campaign in your log showed that it was not created by a .CSV template

Hi {First Name}! I'm a direct

I don't know if the column in your template was "First_Name" or "First Name", but it seems you typed it instead of selected it. So there were mistakes in those campaigns.

1 |3000

Adeel Amin avatar image
Adeel Amin answered Phong Vu commented

Phong: thank you for clarifying this. Looks like the site is down at the moment as I'm getting a 502 error but I will experiment with what you said.

The confusion I believe starts when I input {First Name} via braces and the name comes up, but this may be a syntax issue on my side. I'll experiment with this when the site is back up and will update to close out if successful.

1 comment
1 |3000

Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

The site is not down. If you have problem, just logout and login again and it should work.

0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys