question

Scott Boston avatar image
Scott Boston asked Scott Boston commented

Unable to assign a ported phone number in inventory to an extension

I have recently ported numbers into Ring Central from another provider. The transfer was successful and the numbers are in my phone inventory. However, when I try to assign these numbers to an extension(existing user) it fails and tells me to try again later.

I have been on the phone with support and level 2 support they mention this a known issue.

It is hard to believe that Ring Central isn't working for any ported numbers? They must be losing business over this and is about to lose my business.

Anyone else experiencing problems with assigning ported numbers to existing users?

porting and number transfer
2 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Alex Anderson avatar image Alex Anderson commented ·

@Scott Boston Did you find out ultimately what caused this issue? Did RC fix this issue for you? We are in the same boat at the moment.

0 Likes 0 ·
Scott Boston avatar image Scott Boston Alex Anderson commented ·

I ended up calling and getting the Tier 2 support... I complained loudly and the escalated my case to tier 3. That agent when in to the backend and manually configure my lines as needed.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

Terri DeWalt avatar image
Terri DeWalt answered Scott Boston commented

We have been having trouble with failures when trying to search for phone numbers in All Numbers and sometimes Inventory. We get the try again later error too, we were told its a bug and its being worked on.

1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Scott Boston avatar image Scott Boston commented ·

I ended up calling and getting the Tier 2 support... I complained loudly and the escalated my case to tier 3. That agent when in to the backend and manually configure my lines as needed.

0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app