question

Caleb Bluesummers avatar image
Caleb Bluesummers asked Jonathan Haase answered

API to get calls currently waiting in queue

Is there an object that contains the amount of calls that are currently waiting in the queue if all extensions are busy? If not, what is the best way to infer this from the available resources?

Thanks!

rest apicall queues
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered Kyle Laycock commented

Can you try to call this API on a call queue extension?

4 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Kyle Laycock avatar image Kyle Laycock commented ·

I am trying to get this same information and when I attempt to do what you said I get this error "Resource for parameter [extensionId] is not found"

0 Likes 0 ·
Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ Kyle Laycock commented ·

Did you use the extension id of the call queue?

1 Like 1 ·
Kyle Laycock avatar image Kyle Laycock Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

Ah, I realized you have to include the # when listing the extension. However, I am unsure how to get the Waiting in Queue status, that is the same number displayed in Live Reports. There is no waiting in status in there.

0 Likes 0 ·
1603467202066.png (6.3 KiB)
Show more comments
Kyle Laycock avatar image
Kyle Laycock answered

Or is there a subscription event for Call Waiting in Queue? If so what would the filter be because I could not find one.

1 |3000

Kimberly Silkes avatar image
Kimberly Silkes answered

Did we get to the bottom of this? We're also trying to do this. Can you just count the number of calls waiting to be answered?

1 |3000

Mason Cooper avatar image
Mason Cooper answered

I'd also like to know where/if Queue hold time is accessible. If I query the Active-Calls API (https://developers.ringcentral.com/api-reference/Call-Log/listExtensionActiveCalls) against the queue's ID I see my incoming call in the list but don't see an indication that it's holding or how long it may have been be holding. Are we looking in the wrong place?

1 |3000

Jonathan Haase avatar image
Jonathan Haase answered

I know I'm resurrecting a really old thread. But I just recently needed to do the same things and finally found a method for doing so. When you look at the calls in the ListExtensionActiveCalls for the queue, you then have to take the callID of each call and query against the Callsessions endpoint for that call. https://developers.ringcentral.com/api-reference/Call-Control/readCallSessionStatus From there you can look at the "Parties" and if the last party in there shows as "Proceeding" then the call is still in the queue and has not yet been answered.

1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys