question

Shelby Tolliver avatar image
Shelby Tolliver asked Shelby Tolliver commented

RingCentral.Net - RingOut doesn't place call when 1st leg is RingCentral number

Our users work off a dashboard of patients, each patient listed with name and phone number. Each of our users has their own RingCentral account and individual phone number. When a user clicks a patients number (from the dashboard), the application (browswer based) utilizes the RingCentral.Net NuGet package and fills out the "MakeRingOutRequest" object with the RingCentral number of the user in the "from" field, the number of the patient in the "to" field, and then the RestClient is called via ...

restClient.Restapi().Account().Extension().RingOut().Post(makeRingOutRequestObject);

This all works fine in the Sandbox account, but not in production. In production, if I use my mobile phone number (rather than my RingCentral account number) to make the call, everything works fine as well. Any ideas on how to resolve this would be great.

Thanks,

Shelby

rest apisdk
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

vyshakhbabji avatar image
vyshakhbabji Deactivated answered

What device are you using for RingCentral number? Do you use soft phone / Webphone or Hardphone ? What does the Ringout status say ?

Can you check the ring-out status using this api and let me know the final response of the call?

https://developers.ringcentral.com/api-reference/RingOut/readRingOutCallStatus

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Shelby Tolliver avatar image
Shelby Tolliver answered Shelby Tolliver commented

In my case (our RingCentral account) I'm using the "RingCentral Phone app" (softphone). Some of our other clients, that are experiencing this issue, may not be, but I haven't gotten that far yet.

Looking at the call logs from a ringOut call that I just tried to make, I'm seeing a "result" of "IP Phone Offline". Looking at our account pages, my device is showing a status of "Offline.

screenshot-2021-12-28-100842.jpg

I am logged in to my RingCentral phone desktop app and can make outbound calls from there. If the problem is that my phone is "offline", what can I do to remedy this?

Thanks,

Shelby

6 comments
1 |3000

Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

Do you see the "Deauthorize this Computer" button? If so, click the button and logout from the soft phone, close it (kill the app) and reopen and login.

Also, you wrote when 1st leg is RingCentral number. Does it work if the RingCentral number is the 2nd leg?

0 Likes 0 ·
Shelby Tolliver avatar image Shelby Tolliver Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

Phong,

For all of our users, that have "RingCentral Phone app" devices, the "PC Name" is "Unknown", the "Status" is "Offline", and there is no "Deauthorize this Computer" button showing.

If we swap the source/destination numbers, then "yes" it works.

Thanks,

Shelby

0 Likes 0 ·
Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ Shelby Tolliver commented ·

What is your account id or exact company name?

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys