question

Scott Portis avatar image
Scott Portis asked Scott Portis answered

How many external numbers can I forward calls from an Extension?

From an extension, in the Call Forwarding and Voicemail | Work Hours rules, I am attempting to forward a call to multiple external "Numbers" (not "Coworkers"). I have it set to "Ring all at once" and have 5 numbers listed. These numbers are cell phones.

The recipients report that only two of them are getting the calls forwarded to them. 3 are not getting calls at all. Is there a limit set to external numbers to receive forwarded calls from a single extension? If so, what is that limit. Is this documented anywhere?

call forwarding
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered

I don't know how many (there is no documentation, and the service web just lets you click to add more number), but there must be some limit. However, I don't think that it is 5 numbers. If you remove the 2 numbers which got the forwarded call, did the other 2 or 3 numbers got ringing?

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

vyshakhbabji avatar image
vyshakhbabji Deactivated answered

Please refer to the article here: https://support.ringcentral.com/article/Calls-Not-Forwarding-RingCentral-to-Third-party-Phone-Numbers.html

You should be able to forward calls to more than 3 numbers (do not know the exact limit) as well via Call Forwarding and answering rule settings.

If you still have issues , please reach out to RingCentral Tech Support team for these queries : https://support.ringcentral.com

1 |3000

Scott Portis avatar image
Scott Portis answered

Thank you both. Will test via removal of the two that worked. Will also play with the number of rings for each remote number.

1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys