question

Doug Ferguson avatar image
Doug Ferguson asked Mike Stowe commented

Can't send SMS with the word pharmacy in it. we are a pharmacy and the word is in our name

This has been going on for over a month and RC support can't seem to resolve what seems like a simple whitelist issue. they keep saying they have escalated the issue. that is if we can get anyone to talk to us at all.

sms and text messaging
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered Mike Stowe commented

Simple whitelist issue? No RingCentral does not control nor whitelist any keyword in SMS text messages. When this happens, it is the recipient's mobile carrier who flags the message.

This is a public forum, so I can't ask you for further sensitive information. Feel free to contact me at phong.vu@ringcentral.com

2 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Doug Ferguson avatar image Doug Ferguson commented ·

I know this is the developers form and I posted this question in the customer community so I wont go on about this but I do see that registering with the campaign registry (Ring Central works with them as a CSP) and using 10DLC may fix this issue but I don't understand why nobody from RC recommended this approach.

0 Likes 0 ·
Mike Stowe avatar image Mike Stowe ♦♦ Doug Ferguson commented ·

Hi Doug,
One of the challenges we're seeing right now is aggressive blocking of messages and numerous false positives in attempt to reduce or eliminate spam and malicious messages (unfortunately "pharmacy" is one of the commonly abused terms).

We have registered customer numbers with TCR, and are in the process of reaching out to customers who need their own unique TCR campaigns. Unfortunately, while TCR is designed to significantly improve deliverability, some customers are still experiencing challenges as TCR does not currently override all spam filtering including some of the aggressive filtering we are seeing. In other words, it helps prevent you from getting blacklisted, but may not automatically allow your messages to go through. We are working with carriers and affiliated providers to address this and hope to have an update soon.

- Mike

0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys