question

mallabon avatar image
mallabon asked Justin Fox commented

High Volume SMS Stopped Working

After updating to the newest SDK, our High Volume SMS PHP app stopped working. The only change I could see for our code was changing the URL from /batch to /batches. The error that I get is `400 Bad Request` response: {"errorCode":"CMN-101","message":"Parameter [from] value is invalid.". I also tried a test file copying the new version's sample code and copied all the credentials from the control panel. That also has the same error. Wondering if something got messed up in our account settings. The login requests work fine. Our client ID is J6Vf4T1PRGeFpKip9qm-nw.

The array being sent to the post function is:

Array
(
[from] => +1xxx3668245
[text] => test
[messages] => Array
(
[0] => Array
(
[to] => Array
(
[0] => +1206353xxxx
)
)

[1] => Array
(
[to] => Array
(
[0] => +1425xxxxxxxx
)
)

[2] => Array
(
[to] => Array
(
[0] => +1425744xxxx
)
)

[3] => Array
(
[to] => Array
(
[0] => +1425xxxxxxxx
)
)
)
)
high-volume sms
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered

Can you do a quick test. Login this app with the same user credentials you log in your app and send a small campaign to see if the message is sent successfully.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

mallabon avatar image
mallabon answered Justin Fox commented

It gives me the error: Your account doesn't have a phone number enabled for High Volume SMS. Tried both the number assigned to the app and my login as admin. Both had same error.

11 comments
1 |3000

Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

Which meant that the number is not assigned properly.

I have a look at your account and found out that the number is the main company number and it is connected to the extension 5500 via the IVR setting. Can you try to login with that extension login credentials?

0 Likes 0 ·
mallabon avatar image mallabon Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

Wasn't sure if you meant log in with the main number and 5500 extension or as the 425-xxx-5500 user that has that extension so tried both. Both ways I can log into your app but get the same error "Parameter [from] value is invalid." both times when sending text. Note: I noticed even when I log in as the 425-xxx-5500 user, the From number is still the main number +1xxx3668245.

0 Likes 0 ·
Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ mallabon commented ·

That is why I asked you to test. The main company number is assigned to the FrontDesk extension 5500 via the IVR, and that is why when you login the app with that 5500 extension, you can see the main company number. But it's weird that I don't see it is assign to handle incoming messages. So I think that the number is assigned improperly.

You should contact your account admin or your RingCentral account manager to help with.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys