question

Justin Scarberry avatar image
Justin Scarberry asked jimmy-silva commented

Shared text line

My company has a need for outside users (non Ring Central numbers) to text a common number as a "help" line to speak with a technician. The problem I have is I need this to be setup similar to a shared inbox. Meaning, a text comes in, a number of defined technicians see it, first available responds. I would like the response to come from the "help line" number, not the individual number of the tech who responded.

Is this possible?

sms and text messaging
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

mary-community-moderator avatar image
mary-community-moderator answered jimmy-silva commented

We don't have this kind of setup available for SMS. The operator extension is the only user who can text from the main number.

https://support.ringcentral.com/article/How-to-access-the-advanced-call-handling-feature-of-the-auto-receptionist.html

You may submit a Feature Request in our Ideas Portal at https://ideas.ringcentral.com/.

3 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Frederick Ferguson avatar image Frederick Ferguson commented ·

Hello Mary,

Have we made any progress around the shared text feature? My company and I are wanting to utilize this feature if it is something that is now available. Please let me know. Thank you much!

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ Frederick Ferguson commented ·

Hi Frederick, thank you for expressing interest in this feature. Our product team has it on their roadmap, and it was initially scheduled for release in Q2. However, due to unforeseen circumstances, its launch has been postponed to Q4.

0 Likes 0 ·
jimmy-silva avatar image jimmy-silva mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

I am also interested in this feature where can I see the roadmap to track it?

0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app