question

Guy Sweetman avatar image
Guy Sweetman asked tak-it1 answered

Temporary Number transfer

When I was setting up my transfer of number it said something about a temporary setup until the final number is finished. The guy on the phone doesn't seem to know anything about this. Is there a temporary number so the transfer works quicker or did I miss read something?! Thanks

Ive just spent 45 minutes on the phone to some bloke that clearly has no idea what he's doing, utter waste of time, not a great start to this service!!!!!

porting and number transfer
1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

@Guy Sweetman maybe he means that you will have to replace a current number in your account so that once the port-in completes, you will avoid an additional charge.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

tak-it1 avatar image
tak-it1 answered

When you create a new RC account, or any VoIP service for that matter, you are assigned temporary numbers that are replaced by your advertised DIDs and business numbers.

Once the port completes, your outbound calls will show your number (if that's how you've set it up). You can either continue using your current phone system to make and receive calls until the number(s) port, or you can forward from your current provider to your temp RC numbers.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app