question

Diego Pastor avatar image
Diego Pastor asked Phong Vu commented

Does creating a new app in the Developer Console incur in any extra charges?

Good day community.

We're currently working with an existing RingCentral account with some apps in production, the account isn't ours but we want to create a new app to do some integration with an SPA in the sandbox environment.

Would that incur in any extra charges for the owner of the account? I haven't been able to see if there's a pricing per app anywhere in RingCentral.

developer sandboxapp administration
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered Phong Vu commented

Hi Diego,

There are 2 ways to try what want to do.

1. Sign up for a free-tier sandbox account (completely FREE). Setup your sandbox account (add users, add phone numbers etc.) and create an app and test the app in the sandbox environment with the users you created in your sandbox.

2. Ask your customer (the one who has an existing RingCentral account) to create an app and let you have access to their sandbox environment for developing and testing the app.

If you want to develop an app for more than 1 RingCentral accounts to use your app, perhaps, you should start with the option 1 above, create a public app with 3-legged authentication, test it and graduate it to production. This will allow any RingCentral users from different accounts to login your app and use it.

Alternatively, if you develop an app for just 1 RingCentral account to use your app, then you can start with the option 1 above, develop and test the app. But you have to follow the option 2, asking your customer to create an app (same settings as the app in your sandbox), give you the app and user credentials to test that app and finally graduate it to the production environment so that they can use the app with their production account.

Hope this help.

2 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Diego Pastor avatar image Diego Pastor commented ·

Hi Phong thanks for your answer.

I do have my own personal account with a free-tier sandbox and i can use that 3-legged auth flow as you said, so there's no issues there.

But I also have the access to create the new app on their account, my question is, given that they do have apps in production, if i create a new one on their account, would this increment their billing or something like that? I don't want to pass it to prod yet, only create it on their account and use the sandbox account.

0 Likes 0 ·
Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ Diego Pastor commented ·

Got it now. No, no extra cost on new/more apps.

The only thing you should do is if you need to enhance the old app with new features such as adding more permissions to call other APIs, change the type etc., that you cannot change from the old app, you can clone the app and add new features, test and graduate it then use the new app credentials.

0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys