question

Rishi Sharma avatar image
Rishi Sharma asked Phong Vu answered

How can I get access to the video conferencing feature in the sandbox environment?

I have created a sandbox account, but I don't see any option for video conferencing. I want to develop an integration for RingCentral Video conferencing system and would like to get access to Video Conferencing feature in the sandbox environment. How can I get that?

developer sandbox
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered

A sandbox account does not support meetings (both RingCentral Meeting and new RingCentral Video services) features out of the box. If you have a production account (a RingCentral customer), you can submit a request through a support ticket with your account info and ask to enable the feature for your sandbox account. Even if the feature is enabled for your sandbox account, you can only call APIs to create/schedule or manage meetings in your sandbox environment. You cannot run actual meetings in a sandbox environment!

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys