question

John Lee avatar image
John Lee asked John Lee commented

Sandbox API - service temporarily not available

Hi Gentlemen,

This URI of Sandbox env not working, anyone knows if it's down or how we should report this issue?

https://platform.devtest.ringcentral.com/restapi/v1.0/account/~/extension-bulk-update

+ ... terequest = Invoke-RestMethod -Method POST -Uri $uri -body $RC_body2 ...

+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

+ CategoryInfo : InvalidOperation: (System.Net.HttpWebRequest:HttpWebRequest) [Invoke-RestMethod], WebException

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : WebCmdletWebResponseException,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.InvokeRestMethodCommand

Invoke-RestMethod : {

"errorCode" : "CMN-201",

"message" : "Service Temporary Unavailable",

"errors" : [ {

"message" : "Service Temporary Unavailable"

rest apideveloper sandboxerrors
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered John Lee commented

I could reproduce this and this is to confirmed that it is a current issue in the sandbox environment. I will check with the engineering team to see how soon they can fix this.

Meanwhile, if this issue prevents you from graduating your app to the production, test your app to meet all other graduation requirements, then let me know the app client Id. I will waive this API call requirement and manually move your app to the production.

5 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

John Lee avatar image John Lee commented ·

This is only record in past 30 days I could find that it worked at one point before service became not available.

At this point, the API script was on hold for review internally in my organization.

Client ID: ZN6iThZnTp2ZyMWbXeb3OA

1650990411504.png

0 Likes 0 ·
1650990411504.png (30.5 KiB)
Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ John Lee commented ·

Let me know when you want to graduate this app.

0 Likes 0 ·
John Lee avatar image John Lee Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

Could this be at the end of today or by tomorrow? Sooner the better I honestly don't know what it takes to be graduated.

Thank you very much!

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Velmurugan B avatar image
Velmurugan B Deactivated answered

Hey @John Lee,

I tried to reproduce the issue and I couldn't, Sometimes the issues in the Sandbox could be intermittent, could you please check if the issue still persists?

1 |3000

John Lee avatar image
John Lee answered John Lee commented

This script worked numerous time, other than the error message saying the service not available.

I can't do much about it.. where could I report this?

+ ... terequest = Invoke-RestMethod -Method POST -Uri $uri -body $RC_body2 ...

+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

+ CategoryInfo : InvalidOperation: (System.Net.HttpWebRequest:HttpWebRequest) [Invoke-RestMethod], WebException

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : WebCmdletWebResponseException,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.InvokeRestMethodCommand

Invoke-RestMethod : {

"message" : "Service Temporary Unavailable",

"errors" : [ {

"message" : "Service Temporary Unavailable"

4 comments
1 |3000

Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

We need to know the payload you specified in your API call as well as your sandbox account id.

0 Likes 0 ·
John Lee avatar image John Lee Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

Thanks Phong looking into this!

sandbox account id : +14372535653

Not sure what you mean by payload..

only api calls made via script are (3):

1. get extension info (works)

2. get phone number info (works)

3. update user profile info (generates the same error message)

$uri = "https://platform.devtest.ringcentral.com/restapi/v1.0/account/~/extension/?page=1&perPage=1000"

$getrequest_extension = Invoke-RestMethod -Method GET -Uri $uri -Headers $header

$uri = "https://platform.devtest.ringcentral.com/restapi/v1.0/account/~/phone-number/?page=1&perPage=1000"

$getrequest_phonenumber = Invoke-RestMethod -Method GET -Uri $uri -Headers $header

$uri = "https://platform.devtest.ringcentral.com/restapi/v1.0/account/~/extension-bulk-update"

$updaterequest = Invoke-RestMethod -Method POST -Uri $uri -body $RC_body2 -header $header

0 Likes 0 ·
Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ John Lee commented ·

I meant the body of the /extension-bulk-update API call.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys