question

evandillon avatar image
evandillon asked Phong Vu commented

How do I exercise the webhook permission?

I seem to be missing something but I can't pass the exercise "Webhook Subscriptions" so I can "graduate" my app to production. I've been hitting the create and cancel subscription endpoints numerous times but it doesn't seem have any effect on the status of "Webhook Subscriptions."

I wish the documentation were more specific around how to get the permissions passed.

Any advice would be more than appreciated!

webhooksgraduationpermissions
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered evandillon commented

What event filter(s) do you subscribe for? See some help from this thread.

1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

evandillon avatar image evandillon commented ·

see below

0 Likes 0 ·
evandillon avatar image
evandillon answered Phong Vu commented

Event Filters:

'eventFilters' => [ '/restapi/v1.0/account/~/extension/~/fax?direction=Inbound'],

Faxes and Webhook Subscriptions

1652810488591.png

We are using the RC SDK for PHP. I cancel then create the subscription numerous times like other solutions have suggested but that is not working for us.

1652810625963.png

If you could just tell me what endpoints I need to hit, that would be great. This is such a time suck and the documentation is lacking.

Thanks

1652810488591.png (17.3 KiB)
1652810625963.png (23.5 KiB)
5 comments
1 |3000

Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

What is the app client id?

0 Likes 0 ·
evandillon avatar image evandillon Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

uwrKC6S7QpqVF3Svy6J99Q

0 Likes 0 ·
Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ evandillon commented ·

Manually graduated! It seems every time you send a fax or call an API, you call the oauth/token API to authenticate. If so, and if you call APIs more often, you should consider saving the tokens and reuse it to avoid getting throttled with 429 errors.

-1 Like -1 ·
Show more comments

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys