question

Michael Banks avatar image
Michael Banks asked mary-community-moderator answered

Unanswered calls forwarding

Hello. Asking for some help with our small business, which includes just three people.

When people call our business line, I want the call to start with Employee A (who has a dedicated digital line and extension and has RingCentral installed on their desktop and cell phone.)

After about five rings, the call should then go to Employee B (who also has a dedicated digital line and extension and has Ring Central installed on their cell phone.)

After about five rings and still unanswered, the call would then go to Employee C's personal cell phone number.

I'm hoping not to have to add another user as Employee C would only serve as a backup on the rare occasion the other two are not available.

I'm appreciate of any and all suggestions.

Thank you.

call handlingcall queuescall forwarding
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

mary-community-moderator avatar image
mary-community-moderator answered

Hi Michael, you may create a Call Queue extension, then add the three extensions as members. Set the Rout calls to members as sequential. After that, you may configure each extension's Call Forwarding devices or numbers. Check the KB articles below for guidance.

1. Create a RingCentral Call Queue

2. Activate a RingCentral Call Queue

3. Configure Call Queue Call Handling Rules

4. Setting up your call forwarding for work hours

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app