question

evandillon avatar image
evandillon asked Phong Vu answered

How do I associate an App/Webhook to a specific fax number?

When I create an app, then graduate it to production, it is associated with our primary phone. I want the app to be associated with a specific fax line, not the main phone number. How so I go about doing this?

It's a simple app: when we receive a fax it hits a webhook and we then execute some logic. We want the webhook to be hit only when we receive a fax on a specific phone line

ringcentral appfaxapp administration
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered Phong Vu converted comment to answer

Unfortunately, the /fax event notification does not support phone number filter parameter. You would need to parse the to phone number (the subject) when you receive a notification in your app.

1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

evandillon avatar image evandillon commented ·

@Phong Vu No I think you misunderstood the question. I have a fax line and a main line. When my app graduates to production, it is associated with the main line but I want to associate it with the fax line. How do I go about doing that?

0 Likes 0 ·
Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered

I guessed that you have a dedicated company fax number and you want to receive inbound fax notification to that particular fax number. In that case, login to your account service web, select the "Phone System" tab and under the Phone Numbers menu, select All Numbers then click on the fax number to open the details. Check how your fax number is set.

If it is set deliver to an operator, check your auto-receptionist to see which extension is set to handle faxes, authenticate your app with that user login credentials to receive notifications.

If it is set to an extension, authenticate your app with that user login credentials to receive notifications.

screen-shot-2022-06-06-at-83734-am.png

1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys