question

Don Arscott avatar image
Don Arscott asked Phong Vu answered

What is the significance of the Beta tag

Am concerned about the API label indicating 'Beta'. https://developers.ringcentral.com/api-reference/Presence/updateUnifiedPresence

Is this API available in production? Will this API change soon? Should I use it?

I guess I'm worried that if I implement my client to use this API, my code will break one day when the API changes.

rest api
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered

All beta labeled APIs should work on production environment and in some case such as the High Volume SMS is not supported in the sandbox environment.

Yes, beta labeled APIs are not fully implemented (in some cases, just because of the dependencies of other related APIs or documentation) and can be subject to change. But they are quite stable in the design and operation that the change would rarely cause code breaks.

Most of the changes if it would happen could be the enhanced response and we would announce and document such a change for developers to fix their apps.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys