question

Ellen Sleight avatar image
Ellen Sleight asked Peter MacIntyre answered

PHP SDK Class not found

I installed the RingCentral PHP SDK.

I created the "ringout.php" file.

When executing it, it says "PHP Fatal error: Class 'RingCentral\SDK\SDK' not found...", which it isn't.

What am I missing?

$rcsdk = new RingCentral\SDK\SDK($RINGCENTRAL_CLIENTID, $RINGCENTRAL_CLIENTSECRET, $RINGCENTRAL_SERVER);

sdk
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered

Do you see the "/vendor/ringcentral/" folder under your project folder? Or check if that exists where you install SDK into.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Ellen Sleight answered Phong Vu commented

Yes. I see vendor/ringcentral and all of the other files.

My script includes (variables below are defined)

require('vendor/autoload.php');

use RingCentral\SDK\SDK;

$rcsdk = new SDK($RINGCENTRAL_CLIENTID, $RINGCENTRAL_CLIENTSECRET, $RINGCENTRAL_SERVER);

and I actually echoed variables to the screen to make sure each file was included (as I executed from the Linux command line)... It does include SDK.php.

The error specified is on the line where it says "new SDK" ( figured I'd mention it).

Also... I noticed that the autoload_classmap.php file is basically empty. Unsure if this should be the case:

<?php
// autoload_classmap.php @generated by Composer
$vendorDir = dirname(dirname(__FILE__));
$baseDir = dirname($vendorDir);
return array(
);
1 comment
1 |3000

Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

I believe it is about your environment. I found this discussion on stack overflow that may help you.

0 Likes 0 ·
Ellen Sleight answered Ellen Sleight edited

I saw this discussion as well. I did the below and it is bool(true).

I even echo debug output from SDK.php and it works... although, it doesn't see the class SDK when I do get_declared_classes().

<?php

require('vendor/autoload.php');

var_dump(file_exists("vendor/autoload.php"));

1 |3000

Peter MacIntyre avatar image
Peter MacIntyre answered

Hi Ellen, have you solved this issue yet? Looking at your code I can't tell what server you are trying to connect to. I use the more direct approach by loading straight from the Class. Here is my code for both sandbox and production (I control how I want to connect with a DB table entry of sandbox on or off:

if ($ringcentral_sandbox == 1) {
// Use sandbox Client
$sdk = new RingCentral\SDK\SDK($client_id, $client_secret, RingCentral\SDK\SDK::SERVER_SANDBOX);
} else {
// Use Production Client
$sdk = new RingCentral\SDK\SDK($client_id, $client_secret, RingCentral\SDK\SDK::SERVER_PRODUCTION);
}

This removes the need to have the server name typed in correctly. Not sure this is the culprit but it may make your code a little more streamlined.

Basically I'm just replacing the Server parameter with:

RingCentral\SDK\SDK::SERVER_SANDBOX

or

RingCentral\SDK\SDK::SERVER_PRODUCTION

1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys