question

Stephen Logue avatar image
Stephen Logue asked Phong Vu commented

Set main number for text messages

How in the world do I set my main (ported in ) phone number to send/receive the texts from? I have gone through every menu and cannot seem to figure out how to set my main company number as the number for texting. I am a single user for now and the single number for call/text/fax was a major selling point for me. Help! Thanks!!

sms and text messaging
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered Phong Vu commented

Login your RingCentral account admin portal and open the General Settings page as shown below and select the extension which needs to send/receive text messages from the main company number.

screen-shot-2022-07-25-at-102714-am.png

2 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Stephen Logue avatar image Stephen Logue commented ·

Mine is setup exactly like that however I am still having this issue. If I were to try to send a text to a customer, the only number I can choose as the "send from" number is the generic number that RC provided when setting up my account. I cannot use the phone number that I ported in.

0 Likes 0 ·
Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ Stephen Logue commented ·

In that case, maybe the number has not been provisioned for SMS under RingCentral. Can you open a support ticket and provide your account info and the phone number.

0 Likes 0 ·
Chris Kannel avatar image
Chris Kannel answered Phong Vu commented

We just started with Ring Central. I have the same problem noted above. I followed the guidance from Phong Vu but I have no options under the General Settings tab. See below. Please assist.

screenshot-2022-12-22-081825.jpg

1 comment
1 |3000

Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

This is really not an application development issue. Please post your question in the User Community or open a support ticket.

0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys