question

Stacey Tucker avatar image
Stacey Tucker asked Julie Raasch answered

Is there away to create a Non Licensed user access for report and analytics only

I have a senior manager, who does not currently use Ring Central, that asked to access to run reports and view analytics on his team. Is this even possible? I'm not finding a way to create an account without assigning a phone number to it. I see that there is a Mobile User option and it says free but it also lists a charge. Just need a little guidance on this. Thank you.

analytics and reporting
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

greg-lea5389 avatar image
greg-lea5389 Deactivated answered

Hi Stacey. Good question, but, RCU access requires RingCentral user credentials. The only way to get RC credentials is to create a licensed user.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

greg-lea5389 avatar image
greg-lea5389 Deactivated answered

@Stacey Tucker Good news! I found a solution for you. Please give this a try.

Accounts can have Virtual Extensions/MVP Free extensions that are good for a few things, one of them being access to the account without a license. (Third party IT access, reports login, summer intern, etc.)

To add a virtual extension: service.ringcentral.com > Users > Unassigned Extensions > Add Unassigned Extension > Domestic > Add users Without Devices > Make appropriate selections and be sure to select "No" under "With Numbers".

The process will have been done correctly if it reflects $0.00 upon completion. (There will only be a charge for this type of extension if the user uses it like a phone line. If it is used like a phone line 10 times in a month, it will be billed as a full license for that month.) The virtual "user" should be able to use their credentials to log into RCU.

1 |3000

Julie Raasch avatar image
Julie Raasch answered

I searched everywhere for this advice and finally came here to find it and it worked. This would be a great workflow to add to your Analytics topics under Support!

1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app