question

Ignacio Alvarez avatar image
Ignacio Alvarez asked Ignacio Alvarez commented

Sending SMS with API App fails whith International phones.

With my app, that is already promoted to Production environment, I have no problem sending SMSs to US Phones.
However, when I try to use international phones, the API call fails, with this response:

HTTP Status: 403 Forbidden

Content: {

"errorCode" : "MSG-386",

"message" : "The destination is disabled.",

"errors" : [ {

"errorCode" : "MSG-386",

"message" : "The destination is disabled."

} ]

}

In my account settings, the country related to the phone number is enabled.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks.

Ignacio Alvarez

rest apisms and text messaginginternational
2 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

Can you send message to the same number using the RC app?

0 Likes 0 ·
Ignacio Alvarez avatar image Ignacio Alvarez Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

No, I cannot.
And as you can see in the attached image, the destinatary country is enabledmessageerrorfromapp.pnguruguay-enabled.png

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered Ignacio Alvarez commented

Based on what you shared and observed, I suspect that your account does not have international SMS enabled.

Can you call this API to detect the feature of the number you use to send SMS message. If you don't get these features [ 'CallerId', 'SmsSender', 'MmsSender', 'InternationalSmsSender' ], then you must contact your RingCentral account manager to help enable the feature. If the number has all those feature, then open a support ticket for investigation.

1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Ignacio Alvarez avatar image Ignacio Alvarez commented ·

Thank you. I could verify that the features are present for my account. And I could send a SMS to a French phone number. Maybe is something related with the country Uruguay. Thanks again.

0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys