question

Vamshi Janagama avatar image
Vamshi Janagama asked Phong Vu answered

How to set up the RingCentral Inbound/Outbound calls associated with the RingCentral number extension

Hi Support team, My client is using RingCentral account and a Ring Central number with a extension. currently we are using RingCentral Connect Platform API for call record data retention.

My Questions:

1) How do i set up the RingCentral Inbound/Outbound calls associated with the RingCentral number extension in Service Web Portal. I was going through the below link and saw some details about setting up the extensions.

2) How do i be able to get past one month call record log data at a time? Currently i believe API is fetching only 1000 records at a time.

https://community.ringcentral.com/questions/131/a-question-on-retrieving-call-logs-using-the-api.html

PLease provide me inputs. Thank you.

call logsphone numbersringcentral appactivity log
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered

For question 1), you mentioned "the link below" but I did not find any link in your question. I don't know what did you mean by saying "setup". If an extension has a direct number or a digital line (a device) the inbound/outbound call to/from that extension will be associated with that extension.

For your question 2), specify the dateFrom and dateTo, set the perPage to 1000 and parse the navigation object of each response to see if you have nextPage. Use the next page URL to read next page until there is no more next page.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys