question

Colorado 145 avatar image
Colorado 145 asked Phong Vu commented

"errorCode": "MSG-242", "message": "The requested feature is not available"

I am able to send SMS using sandbox number "+16282312108" but not able to send SMS using production number "+1 (XXX) YYY-8004". When I try to send it shows

{ "errorCode" : "FeatureNotAvailable" , "message" : "The requested feature is not available" , "errors" : [ { "errorCode" : "MSG-242" , "message" : "The requested feature is not available" } ] }

Please help, I am a premium customer of MVP.

1666089536571.png

errors
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered

First of all, I masked your company production number in your question.

Having a look at your account, I see the number is the main company number and it has been provisioned for A2P SMS. This means that you cannot send SMS messages from that number using the /sms endpoint. Instead, you have to use the /a2p/batches endpoint. Also, since it is the main company number, the user who is set to handle calls to that number in your IVR settings is the number owner. And in your case, it is you I guess.

Make sure that your app has the A2PSMS permission.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Cary Silber avatar image
Cary Silber answered Phong Vu commented

I am also receiving this error with my sandbox account.

{ "errorCode": "FeatureNotAvailable", "message": "The requested feature is not available", "errors": [ { "errorCode": "MSG-242", "message": "The requested feature is not available" } ]}

Can you please clearly outline the steps that must be taken to enable sending SMS. My sandbox number is +14372538950.

7 comments
1 |3000

Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

Because the sandbox environment does not support A2P SMS at all if that API call was the /a2p/batches endpoint.

I see the number was not enabled for SMS. I enabled it but not sure if it's enough for now. Try again and let me know.

0 Likes 0 ·
Cary Silber avatar image Cary Silber Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

Hi Phong,

I'm not using the A2P SMS endpoint. I'm using the Send SMS endpoint. As referenced here:

https://developers.ringcentral.com/api-reference/SMS/createSMSMessage

Can you please provide the steps I need to take to fix this issue.

0 Likes 0 ·
Cary Silber avatar image Cary Silber Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

Thank you for enabling SMS, it is working now. Why wasn't this enabled by default. Is this something I could have done myself? If so, can you please provide the steps to enable this?

0 Likes 0 ·
Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ Cary Silber commented ·

EDITTED:

There are numbers in the pool that are not provisioned for SMS. And when you create a new sandbox, the system just picks a number and assign to the newly created account and your sandbox got that kind number.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Tyler Ehrig avatar image Tyler Ehrig Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

Could you help me to enable this number for the same issue please

+18443267900

0 Likes 0 ·
Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ Tyler Ehrig commented ·

Please don't ride on an old thread, particularly it has been answered because of the following reasons:

1. It sends unnecessary notification to all developers in the thread

2. It's hard to find the new comment within an old thread

Always post a new question and if you want to refer to a related old thread in your question, copy the URL of the old thread and paste it in your question.

0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys