question

Call Sights avatar image
Call Sights asked Call Sights commented

Fetching RingOut destination using Voice API

Hi, we're using the Voice API through the .Net SDK. We'd like to find out how to fetch the user's current set RingOut destination/telephone number. I mean the value that is configured in the RingCentral desktop client (Settings->Phone->Outgoing calls). Is it possible to get this value, please?

rest api
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered

Call this API and detect the "AdditionalSoftPhone" within the byFeature object to get the default caller id set by the RC app.

RestClient rc = new RestClient(RINGCENTRAL_CLIENTID, RINGCENTRAL_CLIENTSECRET, true);
await rc.Authorize(RINGCENTRAL_USERNAME, RINGCENTRAL_EXTENSION, RINGCENTRAL_PASSWORD);

var resp = await rc.Restapi().Account().Extension().CallerId().Get();
foreach (var feature in resp.byFeature)
{
    Console.WriteLine("-----");
    Console.WriteLine("Feature: " + JsonConvert.SerializeObject(feature));
}
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Call Sights avatar image
Call Sights answered Call Sights commented

@Phong Vu

This is the number that I'm hoping to get. I didn't see it in any of the "Features" that you mentioned above:

1666910878399.png

1666910878399.png (44.2 KiB)
2 comments
1 |3000

Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

That is not what you asked in your question. That is the screenshot when you make a call, not the setting. Here is the setting you asked (Settings->Phone->Outgoing calls)

screen-shot-2022-10-28-at-71455-am.png

0 Likes 0 ·
Call Sights avatar image Call Sights Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

Hi @Phong Vu Yes, I'm sorry. I was not clear enough. Thank you for answering my original question accurately. Is it possible to get the value as per my screenshot, from under the "Manage" option? Is it even stored on the server?

0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys