question

Deidre Emminger avatar image
Deidre Emminger asked ryan-gosling commented

How do I cancel sending a voicemail while I'm in the middle of recording it and end up not wanting to send it to the recipient using a Yealink desk phone?

When using a Yealink deskphone with RingCentral, how do I stop from sending a voicemail once I am in the recording process? I start recording the vmail and then change my mind and do not want to send it? This is for a message that has not yet been sent.

voicemail
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

ryan-gosling avatar image
ryan-gosling answered ryan-gosling commented

You press # and then you press 2 and you hang up.

2 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Deidre Emminger avatar image Deidre Emminger commented ·

Thank you, Ryan, for your response. However, what I SHOULD have added that this is using a Yealink desk phone when leaving the message. The method above does not work as intended.

0 Likes 0 ·
ryan-gosling avatar image ryan-gosling Deidre Emminger commented ·

it doesn't matter if you are using a deskphone or a PC app. It's up to the settings of the recipient of the voicemail. Usually the default voicemail prompt informs you of which key to press for "more options". You want to choose "more options" and then you want to choose either "Rerecord" or "delete" ... whatever the prompt says.

If the recipient of the voicemail has set a personalized greeting and it doesn't say "Press # for more options" I would still try to press either # or *

one of these must bring you to a menu where you have "more options". Can you test?

0 Likes 0 ·
Deidre Emminger avatar image
Deidre Emminger answered

Thank you, Ryan, for your response. However, what I SHOULD have added that this is using a Yealink desk phone when leaving the message. The method above does not work as intended.

1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app