question

Craig Larkin avatar image
Craig Larkin asked Craig Larkin commented

PC keyboard numberpad 'enter' key not working

Hi all
Using RC app on PC.
I've noticed recently (last week or so) that when I click "Make a call" to dial a number, my keyboard numberpad allows me to type in the number to dial but pressing the "enter" key on the numberpad no longer initiates the dialing (it used to start dialling when I pressed enter on the numberpad part of my keyboard).

Pressing the "enter" key on the main part of my keyboard does initiate the dial.
Anyone experiencing a similar problem?
Cheers

ringcentral app
6 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Joe Cache avatar image Joe Cache commented ·

We've had that on almost every field in RC - I've opened ideas and tickets - to no avail. If your Enter key worked - count yourself lucky!

And such basic programming as well... (poke at the RC devs ;: )

1 Like 1 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ Joe Cache commented ·

@Joe Cache, do you have the link of the idea that you created? Can you please post it here? Thank you!

0 Likes 0 ·
Craig Larkin avatar image Craig Larkin commented ·

@Mary-Community_Moderator has there been any resolution regarding this now-missing feature?
Thanks

1 Like 1 ·
Christopher Schmid avatar image Christopher Schmid Craig Larkin commented ·

Also interested in finding a solution....not the end of the world, but annoying.

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

Hi @Craig Larkin, I'm checking if this is a normal behavior.

0 Likes 0 ·
Craig Larkin avatar image Craig Larkin commented ·

I can confirm the keypad Enter key will now initiate dialling with update to v22.4.10.2008

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

ryan-gosling avatar image
ryan-gosling answered

It will be fixed in the 22.4.10 version of the app.
I think it will be gradually rolled out between 7-13 November but don't quote me on this :D.
You probably don't need to do anything and should just wait and check if it's working later.

You can check the version you currently have by opening your app > Resource Center > Get app info. The latest version as of now is 22.3.30

If you've disabled Auto-Update for some reason, you can check here in 2 weeks for the latest available version.
https://support.ringcentral.com/download.html

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app