question

Jonathan Manela avatar image
Jonathan Manela asked Phong Vu answered

I am not receiving texts from a speciific person on group text. I do receive from this person one on one. Does this have something to do with their provider?

sms and text messaging
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Mike Stowe avatar image
Mike Stowe answered

Hi Jonathan, can you please submit a support ticket with some of the sample messages (which ones worked, which ones didn't), number from, number to, date/time, and timezone?

Once we have this we can work to see what's happening in this specific case.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Jonathan Manela answered

I just submitted one. It was not clear if it went through

1 |3000

Jonathan Manela answered

No, it does not appear that the submission went through.

1 |3000

Jonathan Manela answered

Just resubmitted and it went through

1 |3000

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered

You have to provide more details about the sender SMS app, device. Is the sender's number a PSTN mobile number? Is your number a RingCentral number? Does the sender receive group message or one-on-one? If he/she receives messages as a group message but when he/she replies to the group, it ends up in one-on-one message for all, then the problem is most probably on that member SMS app settings.

On iOS

On Android, follow some of the instructions from this discussion thread.

If this happens on the RC app, then let me know.

1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys