question

Susan Pieroni avatar image
Susan Pieroni asked ryan-gosling answered

Custom Rules Programming Question

When we were installed support created Holiday custom rules under Phone System / General Settings / "location" (we are a multi-site environment) / Site Call Handling / Custom Rules. What I am unsure about is why they pointed the Custom Rule to a "RingGroup" which immediately points to the Holiday IVR. I cannot see any reason why the Custom Rule wasn't pointed to the IVR directly. Could there be something that I'm missing?

settings
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

ryan-gosling avatar image
ryan-gosling answered

RingGroup? Do you mean Users > Click on user > Call handling > Missed calls > forward to extension...

If it's done like this and the user is with disabled devices (no app, no deskphone, no call forwarding) it doesn't matter how it's done. If we use Occam's razor logic :D your custom rule programming is better, since it's simpler, but they both work the same way, and you won't notice any difference.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app