question

Elizabeth Harkins avatar image
Elizabeth Harkins asked mary-community-moderator commented

Problems with Ring Central App on computer and Base Phones (Audio issue)

Our entire office is experiencing problems since yesterday. Our phone lines show active and available, and we are able to place and receive calls however the person on the other end of the line cannot hear us. At first this was an issue with only our base phones and the computer app and phone app continued functioning properly. Today not only do our base phones not work but our computer and phone apps are not working for a vast majority of employees. Anyone have any issues like this? Our IT department has determined it is not a problem with our servers or internal hardware.

phone
4 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Jeannie Johnson avatar image Jeannie Johnson commented ·

We have been experiencing the same issue. When I entered a ticket, it took me to a few articles on how to fix, but I do not believe we have the types of phones they reference in the article.

1 Like 1 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ Jeannie Johnson commented ·

Hi @Jeannie Johnson, I see that you now have an open ticket. Someone will reach out to you within 24 hours.

0 Likes 0 ·
Pete Margliotti avatar image Pete Margliotti commented ·

Same thing happening to our phones

0 Likes 0 ·
Bill Ross avatar image Bill Ross commented ·

We have been having the same issue for the past 24 hours or so.

0 Likes 0 ·
Bill Ross avatar image
Bill Ross answered Elizabeth Harkins commented

FYI we figured out our issue. It seems that our calls were being routed through Singapore on RingCentral's side. When the calls hit our firewall they were being blocked because they were coming from Singapore and we had rules in place to block calls from Singapore. We are now up and running again. Hope this helps someone else.

1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Elizabeth Harkins avatar image Elizabeth Harkins commented ·

Thank you Bill for that info. we are still trying to resolve this issue with Ring Central. My office manager has been on the phone all morning being told they are not aware of any issues.

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image
mary-community-moderator answered

Hi everyone, it has been announced that some RingCentral customers may be experiencing audio quality issue during calls. To those who have not yet submitted a ticket , please do so that it will be tagged to the parent case. Thank you!

1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app