question

IT Developer avatar image
IT Developer asked Matt Worsley 'm-h' answered

406 Not Acceptable when Get Call Recordings Data

GEThttps://platform.ringcentral.com/restapi/v1.0/account/accountId/recording/recordingId/content

{
  "message": "Not Acceptable",
  "errors": []
}

Dear RingCentral Support Team,

I am writing to report an issue that we have been experiencing with our service beginning on December 16th, 2022. We have noticed a significant increase in the number of 406 "Not Acceptable" errors, with a total of 1217 errors recorded so far.

We have been encountering this error both on the API test platform and in production, and we have no further information about the specifics of these errors. I am hoping that you can provide some guidance on what might be causing these errors and what we can do to resolve the issue.

From my understanding, this error typically indicates that the server is unable to produce a response matching the list of acceptable values defined in the request's headers. However, without more information about the specifics of the errors we are encountering, it is difficult for us to troubleshoot and resolve the issue.

If you could provide any additional information or guidance on what might be causing these errors and how we can resolve them, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your help.

Sincerely,

customer servicerest apiservice interruption
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered IT Developer commented

In this case, I recommend you to submit a support ticket instead of asking in the community. Some one needs to look into your account to find the cause.

1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

IT Developer avatar image IT Developer commented ·

Thank you I shall do that.

0 Likes 0 ·
Matt Worsley 'm-h' avatar image
Matt Worsley 'm-h' answered

I had the same issue and for anyone needing the answer in future: for me it was that the request URL needs to be media.ringcentral.com as opposed to platform.ringcentral.com

The latter was working fine until about December 2022 and now seems to have been retired in favour of the former for call recording content requests

1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys