question

nick-tyo9662 avatar image
nick-tyo9662 asked mary-community-moderator answered

Can I use IVR button press to route to a conference

I use ring central for running a support help desk. I'd like to add a standing conference call as an option for IVR when our call volumes are very high during a service outage. Rather than having tons of users calling individually with the same issue, I'd like a live conference led by a single person who can field lots of users at once.

I'd like a solution that stays entirely inside RingCentral and doesn't require a handoff to another call provider.

ivrconference call
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

mary-community-moderator avatar image
mary-community-moderator answered

There is no direct setting to do this. The workaround is to include an announcement in your IVR providing the Conference Number they can call and the Participant Code they have to enter to join the conference. RingCentral Conferencing lets you set up and join conference calls anytime, anywhere. Each RingCentral User gets a unique Host and Participant access code. So you have to announce the code of the user assigned to host the conference.

To learn more about the RingCentral Conference feature, click the link below.

https://support.ringcentral.com/article-v2/Conference-Calling-Touch-Tone-Commands-and-International-Dial-In-numbers.html?brand=RC_US&product=RingCentral_MVP&language=en_US

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app