question

Hayley Lyon avatar image
Hayley Lyon asked Phong Vu answered

Loading Call Analytics Data into Power BI

I am a new data engineer trying to set up integration of RingCentral analytics data into Power BI using this article:

Suyash Joshi
answered Apr 19 2022 at 10:23 AM

Check this blog out that shows how to get data from RingCentral Analytics API to Microsoft Power BI using Azure: https://medium.com/ringcentral-developers/low-code-integration-of-ringcentral-analytics-api-with-microsoft-azure-power-bi-2a400fa7a15f

However I am struggling with the details of actually putting together the pipeline. I am not sure what link to use to get the credentials in step #1 and not sure how to set up step #2. Does anyone have a more detailed step-by-step process to get this pipeline set up?

@Suyash Joshi

Thanks!

call logs
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered

I am not an expert in Power BI so I cannot help at the code level. But RingCentral API platform is a REST API platform so you can use an HTTP client to call the APIs. You first need to authenticate a user and get the access token, then use the access token to call other APIs.

Maybe this YouTube video could help you get started.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys