question

Yazan Alfarra avatar image
Yazan Alfarra asked Phong Vu answered

Insufficient Permissions to create Company Greeting

Hello, so I'm trying to create a company greeting using the provided API with Python and I'm getting back this error using this endpoint:

https://platform.devtest.ringcentral.com/restapi/v1.0/account/accountId/greeting 
{
  "errorCode": "InsufficientPermissions",
  "message": "In order to call this API endpoint, application needs to have [EditAccounts] permission",
  "errors": [
    {
      "errorCode": "CMN-401",
      "message": "In order to call this API endpoint, application needs to have [EditAccounts] permission",
      "permissionName": "EditAccounts"
    }
  ],
  "permissionName": "EditAccounts"
}

And I also tried putting a request using the browser with no luck.1677578518796.png

I checked the permissions for my sandbox application and all the available permissions are checked, this is my sandbox account number +18024488966. Any suggestions, and or solutions? Thanks.

developer sandboxpermissionscustom greetingvoicemail greetingrecord greeting
1677578518796.png (20.9 KiB)
2 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

What is the app client id?

0 Likes 0 ·
Yazan Alfarra avatar image Yazan Alfarra Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

szwearnIT0iGBii7Zg8SCA

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered

Edit Accounts is a sensitive app permission and can be added based on customer request. I added the permission to your app and I saw that you have added many other app permissions. You should remove all the unused permissions otherwise you will not be able to graduate your app unless you exercise all of them.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys