question

Vadym Polishchuk avatar image
Vadym Polishchuk asked Phong Vu answered

What is the flow of creating RingOut for users?

I want to integrate RingCentral into my app to make phone calls to the customers. Let's say there is a button `Call` for every customer on my website and if I click this button a new RingOut will be created through API (this endpoint). So my question is what happens after that, if I use my phone and have RingCentral app installed on it? For the moment I can't test it myself, because I can't have my sandbox account on my phone. Will there be a notification on my phone that the call is happening? Or will I have to switch to RingCentral app to see the call there? Also, can you use RingOut without RingCentral app, but with using default phone system?

ringcentral apprest apiringout
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered

I guess that you want to have a feature on your web page that lets a page visitor to call you by clicking a button e.g "Call us" instead of asking them to dial your number on their phone. If so, here are the instructions.

1. Provide the button e.g. "Call us", when a visitor clicks the button, display an input asking him to enter his phone number. Or next to the "Call us" button is an input field "Enter your phone number"

2. After the visitor enters his phone number and clicks the "Call us" button, send the phone number to your backend and make a ring-out call from your backend.

var params = {
      'from' : { 'phoneNumber': "Your-Phone-Number" },
      'to'   : {'phoneNumber': "Your-Visitor-Phone-Number"},
      'playPrompt' : false
    }

When you make that /ring-out call, any phone associated with the "from" phoneNumber will ring. So on the sandbox environment, if you login the RC app for sandbox, the phone on the RC app will ring. On the production environment, your RC app (desktop and mobile) will ring.

You can also test with your PSTN number by setting the "from" phoneNumber to your mobile number.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys