question

David Maksimov avatar image
David Maksimov asked Phong Vu commented

How to handle SMS opt out for TCR

The TCR document states that we must honor all opt out requests so we're wondering what's the best way to handle this. Does RingCentral automatically opt a user out if they reply something like "stop" or is that something we have to handle in our application? If we have to handle it in our application, would that be just a matter of having a script that runs periodically that checks for new texts that contain keywords like "stop" in them?

Our application only sends informational texts when an order has been updated and the user has to explicitly opt in to text message updates when they create an order.

Also, do we have to include information in the text about how to opt out like "reply STOP or UNSUBSCRIBE to stop receiving messages"?

sms and text messaging
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered

Currently, only high volume (A2P) SMS numbers support opt-out and opt-in. For standard (P2P) SMS numbers, you can handle the opt-in/opt-out by yourself. It's not mandatory but you should declare it in the TCR form.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Jack Hainline avatar image
Jack Hainline answered

i signed up and have been paying for Ring Central since December 2022. I requested the ability for SMS text messaging when i started. my account executive left the company in the month I signed up. I am trying to have conversational texts with my customers. My new account exec Raven Candoy requested I fill out TCR form which i submitted on January 9th. I was told 10-14 business days before SMS would be enabled. there is nothing automated about my SMS. just 2 humans trying to have a normal conversation. it is now business day 21 and i still don't have SMS enabled. i have emailed Ring Central every single day single business day 15 and have gotten nowhere. Brandon Ramirez at TCR ensures me it is not their fault and Ring Central should have processed my form by now. I don't know what else to do and my patience is totally shot. this has been such a horrendous experience and is costing my company money every day because i can not even text my customers. i don't know know who to speak to because it doesn't seem anyone at Ring Central cares about me or my business or the fact that i have been paying for service for 2 months and still can not text

1 |3000

medical-alternatives-clinics avatar image
medical-alternatives-clinics answered Phong Vu commented

I submitted my TCR in November 2022. I receive an email a week ago that I need to submit my TCR or texting will stop working! Say what!??? I call support and of course they don't have my TCR and there's nothing you can do.

1 comment
1 |3000

Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

Can you repost your question to the "User community". Someone there could help looking into your case.

This is the "Developer community" and I cannot help much with non-developer questions.

0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys