question

skip-lawyer-services-inc avatar image
skip-lawyer-services-inc asked skip-lawyer-services-inc commented

FeatureNotAvailable In Production 403 Forbidden

Hello, we're trying to send SMS through Ringcentral's API but we get the following error message:

Failed to send message: Client error: `POST https://platform.ringcentral.com/restapi/v1.0/account/~/extension/~/sms` resulted in a `403 Forbidden` response:

{

"errorCode" : "FeatureNotAvailable",

"message" : "The requested feature is not available",

"errors" : [ {

"e (truncated...)

The application was previously tested in sandbox and passed all the validation requirements and is now in production. We have also registered our company's campaign with TCR and we got approved 2 days ago, but we still get that "403 forbidden" error. We are using all the production environment credentials. The phone number used for this is: 18004674112

ringcentral apprest apisms and text messaging
1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

Can you confirm if you can send text messages from that phone number from the RC app? This will quickly tell if the problem is in the number or in your code. I suspect that it is the number is not SMS enabled.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered skip-lawyer-services-inc commented

BTW, I just check the number and no number under your production account is SMS enabled. Did you request for campaign Id as well? Check the guide here.

1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

skip-lawyer-services-inc avatar image skip-lawyer-services-inc commented ·

In the Campaign tab there is already one campaign Id registered but its TCR status is "Pending". So I guess we'll have to wait until it's approved, right?

0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys