question

Jon Criste avatar image
Jon Criste asked IT Admin answered

Hold music randomly playing mid-call

Hey All,

I was wondering if anyone else has run into this issue. Multiple users have experienced being in the middle of a call and then suddenly OUR hold music starts playing. It doesn't seem like anything can be done other than hang up and call the person back. They have tried to wait it out, park the call and pick it back up, and toggle the hold option. I'm not entirely sure what the caller experiences, because my users have not asked yet. I believe it has only occurred on inbound calls, if that helps at all.

I have checked the call analytics for the specific calls, and RingCentral states that the calls were in good quality.

Thanks!

Jon

phone
3 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Becky-Community_Manager avatar image Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ commented ·

@Jon Criste Hey, thanks for posting this! Hopefully, someone else has run into this issue and can lend their voice on this.
However, in the meantime, this sounds like a bug and it'd be good to get a ticket created if it's an issue that needs troubleshooting internally.
Let me know if I, or someone from my team, can help with that.

0 Likes 0 ·
Jon Criste avatar image Jon Criste Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ commented ·

Hey Becky, I've already submitted a ticket regarding this. I figured it didn't hurt to reach out to the community as well though. Thank you for the suggestion!

0 Likes 0 ·
Becky-Community_Manager avatar image Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ Jon Criste commented ·

Oh, definitely! That's what we're here for!
Let us know if we can help escalate the case if you aren't getting what you need.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

IT Admin avatar image
IT Admin answered

I think we may just had a similar occurrence. Did you get this resolved?

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app