question

Thomas Friedl avatar image
Thomas Friedl asked Phong Vu commented

How to allow emails into a team chat, coming from noreply@xmatters.com

Hello, after creating a new team and sending emails to it from inside our company mail domain works flawlessly. However, mail addresses from outside our company's mail domain seem to get blocked. Maybe they are considered to be spam. My question would be, is there a way to allow external mail senders to post into group chat, in a way that mail clients can add mail addresses to a safe sender list? Thank you.

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered

I am not fully understand how and who implemented the backend engine of your app which reads inbound emails and post to a designated team. I am not aware of any setting or service from RingCentral that posts emails to a Team Messaging team. So it seems that it is your own company implementation or a 3rd party service.

Can you clarify more about where and how you setup such a service so I can figure how who can help you with.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Thomas Friedl avatar image
Thomas Friedl answered Phong Vu commented

Thank you for taking time to respond.

I thought of this feature as some kind of standard, since you can just use the three-dot-context menu of the team and pick 'Post message via mail'. You can even pick 'Copy mail address to clipboard'.

1686285606521.png

You then get an address like {some numbers}@{some more numbers}.mvp.unifyoffice.com.

I will ask inside my company, if that has been implemented manually.

Thank you again.

1686285606521.png (38.9 KiB)
1 comment
1 |3000

Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

Thanks for the clarification.

I have never used that feature before so I am totally not aware of it. It's the built-in feature of the Team Messaging then. Let me move this thread to the User Community so you can get better help.

0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app