question

bill259 avatar image
bill259 asked bill259 answered

6 digit extensions & have call data to a file in saleforce.com

I currently have a phone number that when it answers it asks the caller to enter a 6 digit extension. It confirms the extension. Announces the call may be recorded and for quality and training purposes. Dials the 10 digit number based on the 6 digit extension. At the end of the call writes the call data to a file in saleforce.com.

Can this be done with Ringcentral? Any tools someone would recommend?

salesforce
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

benjamin-dean avatar image
benjamin-dean answered
Hello Bill,

Absolutely RingCentral has the ability to handle that use-case, with a couple of pre-requisites:

1. You have a valid Salesforce Edition required by the RingCentral Salesforce integration app
2. What is the schema for the data you're currently writing to your Salesforce instance? I want to make sure that our current implementation provides all the fields you need to ensure you have a positive experience.
3. You're a RingCentral customer.

If you could answer those questions for me please, that will help ensure we can meet your needs and create a positive experience for you.

Thanks,
Benjamin
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

bill259 avatar image
bill259 answered
Hello Benjamin,

I have force.com Enterprise Edition  and yes I am a ring central customer.

The application currently sits on Corvisa Cloud and has for a couple years.  However, I believe they may be having financial problems and they have notified me they are going to be ending their services.

In order to accomplish rebuilding this module on RingCentral and Salesforce which functionality/modules of Ringcentral will I need?  I have uploaded, to drop box, the flow of the application, a video description of how it works, the file structure on SF as well as screen shots of each step.  The only change I will make is to use audio instead of speech to text as I believe it will be clearer.  I have uploaded all referenced items to a drop box:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/5e9dtn2hzswx1hv/AADEgUv2LnspDf1js21yXCSGa?dl=0

How would you recommend that I proceed?  

1 |3000

bill259 avatar image
bill259 answered
Who can I call about getting this done?
1 |3000

benjamin-dean answered
Hi Bill,

Let me make sure I understand you correctly...

1. You have an existing implementation that is working between your Salesforce and RingCentral account to handle this use-case, and it is running on Corvisa Cloud, is that correct?

If the answer is yes, and you're just searching for a PaaS for your app, there are several good choices in the market, but RingCentral does not offer hosting of applications. You would still have to host the application on a server of your choosing (migrating it from Corvisa Cloud to whichever provider you decide to use next).
1 |3000

bill259 avatar image
bill259 answered
Ring Central is not a part of this solution at this time.  The first question is:

Can I have an IVR that has 2 options, the first being "Press 1 look up an extension"

When Option 1 is press it then asks, "Please enter the 6 digit extension", the call is then transferred to a 10 digit phone number associated with that extension.

I have other questions if this can be done.  6 digits is key.

1 |3000

benjamin-dean answered
Hey Bill, so I made a mistake when I said we could handle this use case, because we only support up to five (5) digit extensions...not six.

Are you able to continue pursuing using RingCentral with this limitation? (apologies for not catching that first)
1 |3000

bill259 avatar image
bill259 answered
No.
1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys